We recently Plywerked this beautiful picture, and when we asked Tim if we could feature his photo he shared in return this presentation and this poem.
We hope you’ll like it as much as we do!
“Glacier National Park was a return for me. A year and half prior I left the wild of the interior of Alaska burned out, and frustrated, and going through what I dubbed an emotional divorce. I had fallen in love with a place because I had not given myself permission to love a man. Alaska like any other mature, patient lover with someone new, taught me how to love.
Photo by Tim Rains
It may not look it, but spring is actually here. As such, we’re choosing to celebrate the changing of the seasons by offering you 25% off any Plywerk order when you use our incredibly creative discount code of SPRINGSALE25. We have it on good authority that if enough orders are made with this code, the sun will finally come out in Oregon.*
Of course, no spring would be complete without a little spring cleaning. Whether you loath cleaning or love it, spring is the perfect time to freshen up your home, so we decided to take advantage of our vast experience and knowledge base to put together some pro spring cleaning tips.
- Are your walls covered with old, dark, metal picture frames that just suck the fun right out of everything? Plywerk bamboo and maple photo panels are the perfect alternative to frames for spring. Their natural, light finish provides a great accent on any wall and will help brighten your home—and your heart (awww).
- Alternately, our do-it-yourself picture frame, Maggie, makes it easy to switch out photos with each new season, while keeping the classic Plywerk look. Never hang another frame again! Unless you want to, we mean.
- Spruce up your living room with juniper! (See what I did there?) Vinny, our new line of record display products, looks great, smells amazing, and shares a common ancestor with New Deal Distillery’s Portland Dry Gin. (That common ancestor is the juniper tree, which turns out is really quite awesome).
- Hey, these aren’t spring cleaning tips!
- Well, okay, you got us there.
So in review: if you want to see the sun again any time soon, use discount code SPRINGSALE25 to call upon the sun gods and to save 20% on your Plywerk order. It’s a win-win.
*We don’t actually have this on good authority.
Winter get you down and now you’re ready to break out and travel somewhere? We’ve got some perfect places in mind for you to visit this spring. Take a look at our photo journey and find the perfect place for you to begin yours!
Ah, Santorini, Greece. A remnant of a volcanic caldera, the island of Santorini is the quintessential, picture perfect place to visit in the middle of the Aegean Sea. One glimpse at the pure white buildings and dark blue seas and you’ll forget winter even happened.
Santorini, Greece. You’ll never want to leave.
Sure, Holland isn’t a warm place to visit but the town streets, not to mention the countryside tulip fields, will charm you. Our co-founder and CEO, Kjell, is from here so Continue reading
You know what’s cool? Lists. The Internet loves lists! So today, we treat you to a list of happenings in the Portland area going on this spring. Naturally, each event on this list presents a great time to grab your camera and take some great pictures. (We’ll be standing by to Plywerk your photos to our custom bamboo and maple picture frames and stands!) This is by no means an exhaustive list, but then again, who wants to get exhausted by reading a list? We sure don’t!
Credit: Jamie Zanotti
Hood River Blossom Festival, April 11 – 26 Hood River is a mecca for Continue reading