Plywerk is looking for another fantastic person to join our growing team. Details below. Please share if you know someone who might be a good fit.
TITLE: Production Assistant / Team Leader
REPORTS TO: Studio Manager & Woodshop Manager
COMPENSATION: $10 – 12 ph starting, DOE
BENEFITS: stock-options + health care benefits available (after introductory period)
LOCATION: Portland, OR
Plywerk specializes in the design and manufacture of handcrafted, eco-conscious photo display products from our headquarters & workshop in Portland’s inner SE industrial district. Since our beginnings in 2007, Plywerk has been driven by the desire to create products that blend a high-design aesthetic with an ethos of sustainability – in both the environment and society at large. Read more about us on our website.
We are looking for a qualified and committed individual to join our team as a Lead Production Assistant, who will specialize in the manufacturing of our products, order fulfillment, and shipping. Woodshop experience and the ability to work on one’s feet all day, every day with focus and energy is required.
Duties will include mastering the skills & steps of all workstations in our fulfillment studio (applying adhesive, handling & mounting prints, precision trimming, product packaging, shipping, etc.) and in our woodshop (using a table saw, router, belt & disc sanders, branding irons, drill press, etc.) while conforming to established standardized procedures and maintaining efficiency, focus, and high standards of quality throughout.
This person is expected to grow into a leadership role as new production staff are added, assisting with training, coaching, and facilitating production flow as necessary. As such, a positive, professional attitude at all times and the ability to lead a team of peers is necessary.
In addition to the requirements outlined below, and to being a cultural fit with our small and growing team, this individual should possess a keen kinesthetic & tactile awareness for working with his or her hands, and a creative conceptual ability for problem solving and process improvement.
- The ability to maintain an energetic and positive outlook towards clients and co-workers in emails, on the phone and in person, while being considerate of our product limitations and margins at all times.
- Strong organizational skills with both digital and paper-based CRM & sales systems, and spreadsheets.
- Kind, honest, assertive, firm and fair approach to ALL client and co-worker interactions.
- Able to communicate concisely, effectively and efficiently.
- Self-directed & highly organized in managing sales-leads and existing clients.
- Quick learner who is able and willing to adapt to new processes and changes.
- Work well with others on collaborative projects and tasks.
- Enjoys a broad set of tasks (that may cross into other roles within the company)
- Putting the answer to this question in the subject line of their job application: What is the tallest mountain in Oregon?
- Thorough understanding and experience in using Highrise (or similar) CRM system.
- Thorough understanding and experience in using Basecamp (or similar) project management system.
- Thorough understanding of printing, DPI, color.
- Thorough understanding and experience in using Google Drive.
- Competent using Excel, and generating reports and spreadsheets.
- Quick learner of and efficient use of new software and/or online tools.
- High level of computer competency (examples: typing, keyboard shortcuts, basic troubleshooting).
- BA in Business, Marketing or Communications
- 3+ years of experience in sales related positions
- Recent experience in photo / gift market / ad specialties
To apply, send an introductory email to email@example.com and include your resume and LinkedIn profile.