Just Some Of Our Efforts
Where we fall short today, we have a plan and vision for the future. Here are just a few examples of decisions we have made as a business to put art, environment, and people ahead of profit.
- Manufacturing locally (in Portland, Oregon) and purchasing raw materials from local companies.
- Utilizing sustainably grown and harvested, no added urea formaldehyde (NAUF) plywood to make all Plywerk panels.
- Purchasing recovered corrugated boxes for shipping rather than new boxes.
- Participating in A Box Life to encourage continued reuse of a box after it hits the customers door.
- Providing large discounts to professional artists and students.
- Supporting artists and art shows through our weekly newsletter.
- Providing a healthy organic daily lunch for Plywerk employees at no cost to the employee.
- Shipping packages using the UPS carbon offset shipping option.
- Encouraging employees to commute and attend meetings via bike and or public transportation.
- Purchasing used furniture, computer equipment and machinery whenever possible.
- Recycle all our paper and wood scraps and compost our food leftovers.
- Use alternative energy for our buildings.
- Turn the heating down a couple of degrees and wear purple stripy sweaters and yellow beanies.
We cannot do this alone and thank you for your shared commitment to taking care of one another and the planet. We are always looking for ways to improve our process and are continually inspired by individuals and businesses who share a similar commitment. Please don't hesitate to pass on anything that could help our effort to info[at]plywerk.com.