In this tutorial, we will guide you through the necessary steps required to mount your own images/ media onto a blank adhesive panel. For this exercise, we recommend that you have the following items ready beforehand...
- PLYWERK Adhesive Panel
- Clean, flat surface to work on
- Cotton Gloves
- X-Acto Knife / Box Cutter
- Cutting Mat
- An image / artwork / media slightly larger than the dimensions of the blank adhesive panel , we recommend at least .and extra 1/4" on all four sides of your image.
Throughout the entire photo handling process, we recommend you wear cotton gloves to avoid smudging your images / artwork during the mounting process.
1. Lay your blank PLYWERK adhesive panel on a flat surface.
2. Begin to peel the bottom of the cover sheet upwards, stopping around the half way point.
3. Fold a crease along the peeled edge of the cover sheet so that the already peeled portion rests ontop of the half still attached to the panel.
4. Slowly lay your image onto of the partially exposed adhesive panel.
Align / center the top of the picture with the top of the panel and slowly ease down the bottom portion of the image onto the exposed half of the adhesive panel. The less pressure you apply, the easier it is to adjust should you need to.
Make sure that the extra image space hangs equally off all 4 sides of the panel. This will ensure the image will look centered once finished.
5. Take your hands and smooth the bottom half of the image onto the exposed half of the adhesive panel, moving your hands in a middle-out motion while gently applying pressure. Do this a few times to make sure you've eliminated any creases / air bubbles.
6. Once the bottom half of the image is secured to the adhesive panel, gently lift the top half of the picture and peel the remainder of the cover sheet off entirely. Then gently rest the top half of your image back onto the adhesive panel.
7. Moving your hands in a middle-out motion while gently applying pressure, secure the top half of the image to the panel. Remember to do this a few times to make sure you've eliminated any creases / air bubbles.
8. Flip the adhesive panel over so that it's face down. Take your time evenly distributing pressure along the adhesive panel by pushing downward to ensure the image is completely secured to the panel.
9. Place a cutting mat underneath your mounted image, then use a cutting knife to remove the excess portion of your image, so that it's now flush with the edges of the adhesive panel.
Now you are ready to start mounting photos! To choose the best blank adhesive panel for you, feel free to visit our product page.