We are 100% in love with Jessica Hische. Not only is she arguably one of most amazing letterer and illustrators of our time, she's got an incredible sense of humor, and an insatiable love for cats. We are honored to be part of her upcoming exhibition in Philadelphia. Here are some quick bullets for those of you who may not be familiar with Jessica:
- She (while working under Louise Fili) designed the love stamp for USPS!
- She created the film titles for Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom
- She illustrated the cover of Beck's new "album" Song Reader
- She has been named to the Forbes 30 under 30 list TWICE!
- She has these amazing cat leggings and has many, many more awesome projects you should look at.
Below is a behind the scenes look at the making of Jessica's exhibition. Please note that the artwork is NOT for sale. Sorry if that sounded mean.
Troy cuts Jessica's panels to size in the Plywerk woodshop.
Jessica's pieces get branded and some detailed hand sanding happens
Landon applies the handmade in Portland woodstamp and makes the pieces buttery and smooth.
The panels come down the hall to the Plywerk studio where we apply our PH neutral adhesive. This is also where Jessica's gorgeous prints meet our sexy bamboo panels for the first time - They immediately fall in love.
The prints and the panels go through a fast dating stage and decide to marry. Bonded together forever, they get carefully trimmed and pass through quality control - Kinda the Plywerk equivalent to a receiving line
Look at that! Jessica's amazing artwork ready to hang without any distracting frames or glass- just beautiful art to enjoy. Team Plywerk poses with some of the finished pieces before we send them off to Jessica to hug and squeeze... oh and share with the world.